Sunday, February 26, 2017

Crayon Illustration


This assignment helped teach me some of the skills needed to use Adobe Illustrator.  
First, I started out with a pumpkin design.  As I worked on the rounded portions of the
pumpkin, I struggled with the pen tool.  I decided to do something with sharper lines so I chose these crayons.  First, for each line, I created a new layer.  This allowed me to create the lines and overlap the colors.  I selected colors that were slightly different shades, because it helped to distinguish the parts of the crayons. I chose the very dark blue because I thought it made a good contrast to the orange and yellow on either side,  and it helped with the dark shadow. 

This project was difficult.  With more time, I would have continued to work on the lines on the crayons.  Ideally, I would have created lines that were event like the illustration.  However, I was happy with some portions of the illustration.  I think I did a good job on the tips and the shadows. 

Overall, I was happy to complete the assignment!  It really was difficult.                       

No comments:

Post a Comment