Sunday, April 9, 2017

Magazine Cover




The magazine cover was a challenge for me.  I wanted to do something edgy that combines art and my daughter.  So I selected a photograph that she sent to me as the cover.  It was taken in the Harvard University Art Museum.  In it, she makes herself a part of the exhibit.  Also I liked the warm colors of the photograph. They make for an excellent backdrop for a magazine cover.

To create this piece I made the photograph the backdrop for my cover.  Then, I experimented with colors before finally settling on a light beige/pink tint.  I selected another photo of my daughter holding balls used in a science experiment as a second graphic as it blends nicely with the background.  The other visual is a painting I photographed at MOMA.

I was please with the way this project turned out.  I felt like it blended nicely and mimics the edge look of real art magazines.             
          


No comments:

Post a Comment